Funding is available, plus travel costs, for the EIT Digital Challenge’s winning European technology start-up.
The EIT Digital Challenge is an annual Europe-wide call for the most innovative start-ups in digital technology ready to scale up. It is provided through EIT Digital- a European digital innovation and entrepreneurial education organisation.
EU-based start-ups can apply with their innovative digital technologies in one of the following five categories:
- Digital Industry
- Digital Cities
- Digital Wellbeing
- Digital Infrastructure
- Digital Finance
The Challenge offers an international growth package worth up to €100,000 to scale up businesses. In total, 25 scale-ups from the five categories will be selected to pitch their product or service in front of an international jury of corporates and investors at the final event in October. The two best companies per category will gain 12 months in the EIT Digital Accelerator worth €50,000 to scale up their business. On top of that, the first prize winner in each category receives a cash prize of €50,000.
- Be a fast-growing European technology start-up ready to scale.
- Have a product / service leverage digital technology applied to industry, cities, wellbeing, infrastructure or finance.
- Already have market traction, customers and revenue.
- Be growing at a double-digit pace or faster.
- Require support in international customer acquisition and fundraising.
The 2018 programme closes on 14 June 2018.